Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Single Girls Marrying a Man, His Kids and His Ex-Wife




The Single Girl's Guide to Marrying a Man, His Kids, and His Ex-Wife: Becoming A Stepmother With Humor And GraceThe Single Girl's Guide to Marrying a Man, His Kids, and His Ex-Wife: Becoming A Stepmother With Humor And Grace by Sally Bjornsen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Stepmother has become such an ugly word in America, just ask Cinderella. Or watch any Lifetime movie of the week. Stepmothers are rarely portrayed as nice, good or loving. Sally Bjornsen wants to change all that and rightly so. Bjornsen reminds us that stepmoms can also be loving, kind and good. Reliving her own experience of being a stepmom she gives practical straight forward advice. Topics range from kids, holidays, finances and how to deal with ex-wives. Always reminding new stepmoms that the job comes with pitfalls but patience and a sense of humor are a must.

I got this book as a joke after telling my BF’s ex-wife and friend that she was nuts and I needed a "How to Deal with a Crazy Ex-wife" manual. Now that I am moving in with the BF I thought I should read the book so that I can brush up on my pseudo-stepmom skills. And I am glad I did.

If you are a new Stepmom or a Stepmom pro this book will keep you laughing and provide the support we all need.

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...