Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Winter's Bone

Winter's BoneWinter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ree is 16 years old and responsible for keeping her family (2 brothers and a "crazy" mother) together but now her father has disappeared and the Sheriff has informed her that he put the house up as his bail and if he doesn’t appear in court her family will be homeless. Ree sets out to find him. First she starts talking to her Uncle but when she doesn’t get any answers she starts looking further away from home. Ignoring warnings to let it go Ree realizes her dad is dead and his killers are the very people that she going to for answers. Ree is determined to get answers no matter what even if it puts her life in jeopardy.

I decided to read this book after seeing previews during the Academy Awards. And while it is a sad slightly disturbing book (everyone cooks crank and Ree's dad is the best in the county) I did enjoy reading it. It ended on a slightly higher note then it started on but only slightly.

I wouldn’t recommend this book to my mom or grandma but I would to friends. I would even allow my nieces to read it when they are a bit older.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...