Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

City of Bones

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Clary Fray is like any other teenager in New York with a slightly over protective mom until one night when she sees 3 teenagers kill a demon. Life as Clary knows it will never be the same. Now she can see things that others can not see, then her mom is kidnapped and now Clary is hiding from all the things that go bump in the night.  With the help of the Shadowhunters Clary is trying to unravel the secrets her mom keep hidden and find the key that will save them all.

I have read this book twice now.

The first time I loved and was determined to read the whole series. The second time I loved and I am still determined to read the whole series but now I own all the books and will start working my way through them.

What I like about the characters is that they are not your stereotypical teen story. These teens are smart strong and very strong headed. Clary her self is a strong independent girl who is not going to go along with anything just because some boy named Jace tells her whats what. She pushes back and is determined to fight right along her new companions to save herself.

The plot goes along a bit predictable and then a twist and then another twist and then a "did I read that correctly" twist. Then you stay up late to finish everything just to see what happens....I did this twice.

This is a great YA book. It has shades of Harry Potter, Rachel Morgan and just for fun Luke Skywalker all in one character.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...