Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2)Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After the events in A Discovery of Witches Mathew and Diana make a dangerous decision to travel back in time to 1590 England. They hope to stay hidden, find the missing Ashmole 782 book, and a witch to teach Diana about her powers. But things do not go as planned.

Finding am obscure manuscript is harder than they thought and with the country side embarking on a witch hunt its not so easy to find anyone to help. And now there lives are in danger once again as Mathews past comes knocking on the door, literally.

From the English countryside to France to London to Prague and back to London, Matthew and Diana will test the boundaries of history and their love. Surrounded by secrets and plots they strive to save their future together.

This book started out a little slow for me. Immediately the reader is introduced to a host of new characters, many of them famous like Christopher Marlowe and Sir Walter Raleigh, I felt a bit overwhelmed and longed for a return to modern times and characters I knew. But soon I was wrapped up in the all the secrets that were coming unraveled.

This book almost straddles to genres: paranormal and historical fiction. Full of historical events and figures not only in England but also in Prague this book keep me hooked long past my bed time. With one plot twist that I left me gasping and happy at the same time.

The only bad thing about this book is in the end it may have answered a few questions but created more that were left unanswered...like what has been happening in the present while Mathew and Diana were gone and when the hell is the next book coming out?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...