Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Notorious Nineteen


Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19)Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Stephanie Plum is once again in over her head. A high-level skip is missing, along with the money he stole from a nursing home and Ranger, for once, need Stephanie's help solving a mystery.

I have to say this was not my favorite Stephanie Plum novel. I felt like the laughs were a little slow in coming, the sex was less than steamy, and it just felt tired and done before. Don't get me wrong, there were some funny moments. The whole scenario with the Tiki was a little fun. I just didn't laugh out loud like I normally do (and in the past I have busted a gut laughing).

Part of me wishes Evanovich would end the series or at least take it on a wild new spin that readers really hate just for something a little different. For more years than I can remember (or will admit out loud) I have loved the Stephanie Plum series. Now I'm feeling a little and down and hoping the next book is much better.

At least I can still fantasize about Joe Morelli.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...