Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Book of Fate

The Book of FateThe Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer


My rating: 2 of 5 stars

After being wounded during an attack on his boss, The President of the United States, Wes is a lost man. He stays in a job as the Presidents aide long after the President losses his reelection bid and longer than he should. One night while on a speaking tour Wes sees a man that is believed to be dead in the same attack were he received his disfiguring wounds. Not able to believe what’s going but determined to find the truth Wes sets out to unmask the mystery even if it means exposing his boss. Someone (or 3 someone) don’t want Wes to discover the truth and will do what ever it takes to keep their centuries old secrets save. The more Wes learns the greater his life is at risk along with anyone trying to help him.

This book was not my favorite book. it’s the first book by Metzler I have read. I like watching his show on History Channel where they solve historical mysteries. But like the TV show (that just draws conclusion without resolving much) this book didn’t not seem to have anything new to add to the genre. At first I really enjoyed the book it had a quick pace and I liked the characters. However the more I read the more I felt as if I was reading a book I had already read. The ending picked it back up then the Epilogue ruined the parts I liked about the book. It may seem silly to let 8 pages of a 508 pages book ruin it for you. But it really did I felt disappointed that everyone was going to run off to California now. It seemed like Meltzer was cheating and giving us the "Hollywood" ending. I am not sure I would recommend this book to others. I am going to try another of Meltzer’s books I have heard good things about but unless I find that 1 amazing I am going to skip his books in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...