Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I Hope They Serve Beer In HellI Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Tucker Max's own words he is an asshole. He drinks to much, sleep with to many women, mocks idiots and basically indulges in all the behavior our mothers taught us not to do. And for some reason decided to start a website and write a book about all his asinine behavior. And for some reason as a society we embrace him for being this asshole.

Reading this book I could not find one redeeming quality in Tucker Max other than his complete honesty that he is an asshole. I could not decided if Tucker Max was providing us with a cautionary tale to avoid ending up like him or a how to lead a life of debauchery manual. Either way I was routinely appalled and laughing my ass off. The feminist part of me was disgusted but the other part couldn’t stop laughing. If you only have time to read one story you must read The Austin Road Trip, hands down the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

“My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world.”
--from the Introduction

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...