Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

In the Company of Vampires

In the Company of Vampires (Dark ones #8, Ben and Fran #3)In the Company of Vampires by Katie MacAlister


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fran is all grown up and she has left the GothFaire behind along with her Dark One boyfriend Ben. But being she hasn’t given up on him she just wants a chance to grow and mature away from the pressure of being Ben's Beloved and her mother's scrutiny. But when her roommate is kidnapped by what appears to be Loki's henchmen. Fran heads back to Europe and GothFaire to take care of Loki once and for all. But Fran is not the only one who has changed in the last 5 years. Ben has a new girlfriend, her mother is missing and there are Shape-shifters all over the place. Fran will need to start using her gift if she is going to solve the mystery and win back Ben's heart.

This is book is part of MacAlister's Dark Ones series and her two short YA books she wrote. And while I loved the story and the series I have been disappointed in the ending of the last few books. Previously she wrapped up the story line and the characters would go off and live happily ever after. Sometimes characters from previous books would make an appearance in the new book but the storyline always felt completed. And if by some tragedy MacAlister was not able to write any longer I would be sad but (cause I do like her books) but not left with that empty what happens next feeling when a series is left undone. However in the last few books in this series; Zen and the Art of Vampires, Crouching Vampire, Hidden Fang and this book MacAlister has been leaving the reader with a little cliff hanger that honestly has made me a bit annoyed. I always feel like it’s a trick to get you to keep reading the authors’ book and I was already reading the series and now I’m feeling coerced. I may be over thinking the whole thing. The book was good and worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...