Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Something Borrowed

Something BorrowedSomething Borrowed by Emily Giffin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Rachel and Darcy have been best friends since grade school. Rachel was always the reliable one Darcy the pretty one but one night on Darcy's 30th birthday things changed when Rachel had a one night stand with Darcy's fiancee and Rachel's friend, Dex. Determined to never let it happen again and to never tell Darcy the two friends cover their tracks but as the hot summer days roll by Dex and Rachel are drawn to each other and embark on a relationship that will change their friendship and lives for better or worse. As the story unfolds we learn that Darcy is not a good friend or a girlfriend. And we are unnaturally cheering for Rachel to steal Dex away form her friend.

This is the 2nd time I have read this book. And I fell the same way now as I did then. Good for Rachel, Darcy gets what she deserves. This causes me a fair amount of internal conflict, because Rachel is the other woman. And committing the ultimate violation of friendship. But for some reason I am okay with this and cheer for Rachel despite all my high moral ideas of cheating and honesty.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...