Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Strain

The Strain (The Strain Trilogy, #1)The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Boeing 777 has landed at JFK airport and then "went dead" no lights no noise no nothing in the middle of the runway. In a post 9/11 world people panic, agencies are called on high alert and the CDC sends Dr. Eph Goodweather and his team of investigators. A something has killed everyone on the plane quickly except for a few passengers and the Capt. No explanation no signs of contamination no signs of illness. Scrambling to find the answer quickly and protect his family Eph teams up with Abraham Setrakian a pawn shop owner in Harlem that knows what’s happening before it happens. Now the dead are walking and hungry. With in days all of New York will be infected with the same virus.

It took me awhile to start this book and for some reason I thought the best time to do it would be while flying across the country. At least that gave me 4 uninterrupted hours to devour as much of the book as I could. Part Resident Evil, part I Am legend and just for kicks part Rats in the Wall. This book will keep you on your toes and cause you to sleep with the lights on for a few nights. I already have a copy of The Fall on reserve I can barely wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...