Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Man in the Empty Suit


Man in the Empty SuitMan in the Empty Suit by Sean Ferrell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If you were a time traveler how would you spent your birthday every year? Why not travel to the future to celebrate the 100th anniversary of your birth? And why not spend the night drinking and partying with other versions; past, present and future, of yourself. You would be experiencing the same event from a different prospective every year. After so many years you aren't expecting any surprises but then your 39 year old self find your 40 year old self dead.

Your younger selves are suspicious of everything you do and the elders that may hold the answers are leaving meaningless clues that leave you more confused. And what does the mysterious woman Lily have to do with the murder and why is she showing up at the party. Now you have to travel 6 months into the past to solve your own murder.

This is the basic premise of Man in the Empty Suit.

It took me awhile to read this book. I picked it up read the first 38 pages and then stopped. It sat for awhile before I picked it up and decided to start over again.

I couldn't decide if I liked this book or not. I am not a fan of Science Fiction and I really not a fan of time travel books. The writing was great and the story moved along nicely. At times I even felt "The Man in the Suit's" anguish and frustration at not being to change the future. But the paradoxes of time travel and the barge of characters that were the same person at different ages was annoying to me.

In deciding if I liked it, it came down to would I recommend this book to others or reread the book? And I decided yes to both. I don't think the book is for everyone but if you already like sci-fi and books on time travel then you should add this book to your to be read list. And I would reread the book, I liked "the Man in the Suit" as a character. The story was new to me and I found it intriguing. Once I got past the mental hump I was having with the characters I enjoyed reading the book.

To see what others think of this book check out Red Letter Reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...