Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Hemingway's Girl


Hemingway's GirlHemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Its 1935 in Key West Florida and Mariella Bennet is struggling to hold her family together after the tragic death of her father. Doing odd jobs and when necessary gambling to pay the rent and her sisters hospital bills. On one fateful day her path crosses that of Ernest Hemingway the famous millionaire writer and she ends up as the Hemingway's housekeeper.

Her life is not instantly better her mother doesn't want her to work for The Hemingways because of Ernest's bad reputation, Paulette Hemingway is suspicious of Mariella's relationship with her husband, Ernest is constantly flirting with Mariella and then there is Gavin, the WWI veteran working on the Overseas Highway.

Mariella is torn between the two men and in one summer her life will be forever changed.

I loved loved loved this book. I really can not express how much I enjoyed reading this book. Very quickly I was swept away to the Florida Keys (I have an urge to sing a Beach Boys song). Instantly I was connected to Mariella who just wanted adventure but was stuck with responsibilities of caring for her family. As she struggles to cope with her moms depression and falling in love with not one but two different men.

In one book I laughed, cried and craved Key Lime Pie. If you are a fan of Hemingway's book you will love this story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...