Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rosarito Beach

Rosarito Beach (Kay Hamilton, #1)Rosarito Beach by M.A. Lawson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

DEA Agent Kay Hamilton doesn't play well with others not even coworkers but she brings in the bad guys and she doesn't care. And when she arrests the young brother of powerful drug lord Caesar Olivera she knows that there is nothing Caesar wont do to do get him out of jail. Including declaring open war on the U.S.

But she doesn't count on him kidnapping her daughter to get her to help his brother escape. Things don't go as well as Kay or the Cartel hopes. Now Kay's only hope on saving her daughter and herself is calling in every favor she has on both sides on the border.

This is a good introduction into a new series. It sucks you in quickly without over loading you with character development. In fact I didn't like Kay at first. I thought she was an annoying person and was annoyed by her. The more I read the more I started to understand her the more I started to kind of like her. I still thought she was a little annoying but at least I understood why.

Despite Kay's personality problems the book was addictive, I couldn't put it down and read it in one marathon session. I wanted to now what happened next. I forgot it was the beginning of a series and started to wonder if she would make it out of this mess alive and who was she going to take down with her.

Thankfully it was a quick read and I zoomed right through it. I would considered reading the next book in the series. I am curious to see what happens to Kay next. I guess I ended up liking her more than I thought.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...