Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Takedown Twenty

Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum, #20)Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Stephanie Plum is back and hot on the trail of a local Godfather who also happens to be the godfather of her on again off again boyfriend Joe Morelli. As usual she is in way over her head; she is dodging bullets, killers, Morelli's grandmother, Ranger and a giraffe. If she can make it through with out destroying to many cars she may just make it through the day.

Can I just say as much as I love Stephanie and her side kicks, the series is getting a little old. It has all the same bizarre story lines and wacky characters as the previous books in the series but I didn't laugh out loud anymore. I barely crack a smile. There are still funny parts but I just feel like we have been here done that and I want something new and fun.

I want Stephanie to grow as a person, I want her to choose between Morelli and Ranger (Morelli). I want LuLu to find love. I want Connie to take over the Bonds office. I want Vinnie...I don't know what I want Vinnie to do but something besides hide in his office all the time.

I just want something more from one of my favorite characters...she seems to be stalled out in life and while I have changed and matured it would be nice if she did also.

I know that Evanovich has contracted to write at least 22 books and lets cross our fingers that she finally ends the series, with Stephanie and Morelli together of course.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...