Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Guilty Pleasures


Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Anita Blake is a vampire hunter/necromancer. SO her life is always full of things that go bump in the night. But recently her life is darker than usual. When the cities master vampire wants Anita to discover who is killing the cities vampires Anita cant say no. And if she does she will not like the consequences. But things are not as black and white (or red) as the appear and the more Anita learns the more her life is in danger.

This is a reread, I originally read this book in 2007 and really liked it but stopped reading the series after book 6 or 7. I was unhappy with the direction the characters were taking. A friend told me that the books get good again after about book 9 so I decided to reread the series. I enjoyed this first book as much now as I did 4 years ago. Anita is a kick ass character and fun to read. The plots are originally or at least original to me and I feel don't feel like I am reading the same story over again. A great book to read if you are a fan of the paranormal/urban fantasy genre.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...